Thursday 25 October 2012

Voice Thread Reflections.....

-->
Voice thread

This week I have been reviewing and critiquing the voice thread assignments. I really enjoyed Robert M's presentation which highlighted that video footage is able to be used to enhance all four dimensions of the standard coaching model – psychological, tactical, technical and physical. This reminded me of the benefits of showing athletes footage of when they performed at their peak in order to increase confidence and also supported my view of the benefits of video modeling. The idea of showing athletes overcoming difficult situations may be useful as a form of video modeling to show riders how to overcome certain types of difficulties with horses, such as bucking and rearing.

I also enjoyed Gina's presentation on the Cross Country app. Although I do coach rider’s in this sport, I have not used the app and can see many applications. I will recommend it to riders in future.

The other presentation that I found interested was Miles looking at Noah and its influence on training the perfect shot in basketball. The idea of so accurately providing feedback to train the brain is interesting and results from the demonstration show were fascinating, highlighting the importance of expert feedback in skill acquisition. 

Another presentation that was of interest to me was the micoach presented by David I. This could be worn on the body and was able to supplied all the data including heart rate, breathing rate, body temperature and work rates. I am interested to know if this could be placed on the horse to collect similar data. This has the potential to provide valuable feedback to the trainer/coach on the workload of the horse. It could also provide data between trainers in order to accurately measure differences in requirements. 

The last presentation that I definitely learned something new from was Florian's presentation about the use of twitter. I have never used twitter and this presentation assisted me in updating my knowledge. I am not sure if it is something that I will integrate into my coaching at the moment, email, text and facebook seem to be enough... however I am glad that I have a little more understanding now about what it involves.
 Overall I really enjoyed doing this assignment. I think it is a useful tool and although the 20 by 20 restrictions were challenging, the definitely forced me to consider how to accurately present the information. The comments I received were helpful, however so far only from one person, so I am not sure what happened there....?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment