Sunday 2 September 2012



Task 1

Well, this week I have had a few technological hiccups. I had nearly finished my PowerPoint presentation and then the slides all went blank. I sought assistance from two Technology Teacher's at work and one suggested that I use keynote instead (as I had managed to crash PowerPoint). So, I had a play around with keynote, however I found it more difficult to use and when I tried to add voice over to a single slide – I could not work it out at all and the online forums suggested it was not able to be done. So, I restarted my computer and thank goodness my presentation restored itself. So, for now I am sticking with PowerPoint.

My second hiccup was trying to get a computer to run Dartfish and Visual Coach.  The IT people at work warned against installing a converter on the Mac as they said it would run very slowly and not particularly well! I then tried to borrow my Mum’s however, it did not have Windows installed, then I tried to install it on a work computer and there is a firewall blocking it……. Frustration!! So, Donna has suggested that there may be a Mac equivalent for one of the tasks. I emailed for the trial, however nobody from the company got back to me, so I will follow that up next week.

Task 2

I have had fun working on task two this week. I did find that in the bright daylight it was often difficult to see the Ipad with the glare. I did a google search and found a website that recommended polaroid glasses – so I bought some. They did not help at all – so I am yet to decide whether or not they were really polaroid or if the tip was not a good one? Either way, screen glare is still an issue.

My favourite app is definitely the Coach’s Eye. It is so easy to use and with the Ipad screen being larger, the athlete’s find it much easier to see. They are also enjoying the slow motion footage that I send them after the training session and often say that they finally are able to see exactly what they are doing wrong. I did have one instance where it was not that successful. I was coaching a novice amateur and he was unable to critique his own performance as he did not have the prior knowledge to or experience of what was correct. In this example, I think the split screen comparisons would be most valuable.

Here is an example of how I used Coach's Eye this week……



The other thing that I am looking into this week is the sharing options. I now have my own account “cloud” to which all my reviews are done.  I can see how many times they have been viewed (by the athlete) and decide whether or not to make them public or only available to those with the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment