Thursday 23 August 2012

Video Editing


So, I have finished my first task. Video editing is not completely new to me - I have used it for my own riding and coaching and for producing videos of horses for sale. I am now aware, however that I have only produced a very amateur product using very basic functions, such as cropping. I am really looking forward to incorporating my new skills into my coaching, including the voice over and the addition of text to the movie.

Another point of interest is that previously I have used a PC for editing and this was the first time I have used a MAC - I am very impressed! The quality of the final produced is far superior to what I have been able to produce on a PC and it was very simple to use once I was aware of the function of the buttons. The process of converting the footage into a format suitable to upload to youtube has also been difficult for me in the past, however with the MAC it was basically just a click and it was done. 

As a coach, I feel that I now have the skills to produce quality educational video's that will enable me to accelerate the development and understanding of my students. I look forward to creating a database of videos that I can quickly email to the athletes as needed to enhance and improve my coaching.

For the last six months I have been paying to have my riding videos analysed by an International Coach. I am now aware of the technology which will allow me to offer this service to my athletes in the future. 

My advice to anyone who does a lot of video editing is buy a MAC!


No comments:

Post a Comment